The February meeting has been rescheduled to February 26. Woody's SIG meeting for February has been cancelled.

New Library Web Portal

News and events from the Parish libraries.

Moderator: corinneg

TinyJWRinLC
Site Admin

New Library Web Portal

Postby TinyJWRinLC » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:33 pm

I just made my monthly visit to the library web site to download my magazines to read for the next month. I was pleasantly surprised to find a completely redesigned site. In the past, I have often complained about how difficult it was to navigate.

The home page has lost all of its clutter. You immediately see a search bar with tabs for searching the Catalog, the Website or Calcasieu 1. The Calcasieu 1 tab simply opens a sub-search for either title or author. On the right side of the screen are icons for social networking sites, RSS feeds, e-mail etc.

Pull down menus at top of the page include Home, Calendar, Contact Us, Select Language, My Account, My Library, Books/Movies/Music, Resources, Services and How Do I. Mousing over most items shows a drop down menu with sub-headings. An interesting feature is the language translation menu which allows the page to be translated into several languages.

At the bottom of the page are daily events links to what is happening at the library that day.

The web site fits in nicely with the remodeled library. If you haven't visited either lately, you should.
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin

Return to “Parish Library Notes”