The February meeting has been rescheduled to February 26. Woody's SIG meeting for February has been cancelled.

author of Murder on the Bayou Sat 10/28/ 11:00AM 12:00

News and events from the Parish libraries.

Moderator: corinneg

corinneg

author of Murder on the Bayou Sat 10/28/ 11:00AM 12:00

Postby corinneg » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:09 pm

A Chat with Ethan Brown, the author of Murder on the Bayou event is scheduled for Saturday 10/28/2017 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM at Central Library.
The description for the event is: Join Central Library in welcoming Ethan Brown, author of Murder on the Bayou, for a brief description of the book, a Q&A session, and a book signing. Copies of the book will be sold on site. For a description of Murder on the Bayou, please visit https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/283 ... -the-bayou .

TinyJWRinLC
Site Admin

Re: author of Murder on the Bayou Sat 10/28/ 11:00AM 12:00

Postby TinyJWRinLC » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:05 am

Being the avid reader that I am, I often attend author presentations. This one was especially interesting as the book was about the local area. This was by far the largest turnout for any I've been to at the library. I estimate the turnout to be around a hundred people.

Another thing that was done differently was that Books A Million had a cash register set up and was selling the book. When I left, there were at least twenty-five people in line to buy it. I also notice that at least another thirty people had brought a copy of the book in them and were waiting in the autograph line.

I've put the book on my "reread" list.
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin

Return to “Parish Library Notes”