The February meeting has been rescheduled to February 26. Woody's SIG meeting for February has been cancelled.

Hate Window 10 Less?

TinyJWRinLC
Site Admin

Hate Window 10 Less?

Postby TinyJWRinLC » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:46 am

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin

TomTom
Site Admin

Re: Hate Window 10 Less?

Postby TomTom » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:59 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I hate the trend among many tech sites, including InfoWorld, where the articles are split up into multiple screens, and you have to keep clicking "Next" to read what would (and should) normally be presented as one single article. In the case of this article, it is split into 22 separate pages for no obviously apparent reason other than to make the reader keep clicking.

Also, I normally like Woody Leonhard's articles, but I have a beef with this one, in that it too simplistic, and seems to only hint at steps, requiring you to click onto other articles or websites for more information, rather than providing a bit more information to start with, then including links for more detailed info.

Having said all that, however, there is some good info buried in there for those with enough patience to click over and over!
A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.
- Tyrion Lannister

Return to “Windows 10”